Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Toledo High School Students of Ohio
When a company wants to be competitive and increase revenues, it is worth looking at new methods. Professionals and students alike should learn these methods to gain career benefits and open doors, not only as a way to be a valuable asset for a single company. We recommend that you start with LSS and all it entails, out of all possible methodologies, since you will be able to work around continuous improvement, waste reduction, and most of the problems both companies and individuals phase at some point in life. At Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Toledo High School Students of Ohio, we can help you by providing training and certification in this methodology.
Contrary to popular belief, the methodology is not new. It has been used in many industries over the past three decades, and in the past ten years, practitioners have benefited from the structure it offers to identify and solve problems to the point of implementing it in their own projects and issues.
Lean 6 Sigma was established in the late 80s and has been widely used since then to reduce waste and achieve continuous improvement. You can also include other principles based on the source of the methodology.
It is important to understand the methodology, then learn it and get trained so that people can implement it. It’s not about just reading and following a structure but knowing how to work around it and the company’s or person’s needs and goals.
Let’s be clear: You should set your main goals and objectives to reduce waste and eliminate defects and variations. Other aspects, such as customer satisfaction and solving problems, are equally important for this methodology to work and get the result of improving all of them.
Six Sigma is a highly effective but difficult-to-implement process in a business, and this can become even more difficult when it is for a personal project or purpose.
Knowing how to combine them to achieve the desired results is important.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Toledo offers all the options and tools to help you learn LSS and implement it yourself. We also offer the opportunity for companies to hire our services to set programs for their employees or have one or two of our consultants implement them for them.
What can we do to help you? All of these services and solutions are offered to you:
- Yellow Belt Training & Green Belt Training.
- All our belts are eligible for Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- LSS for high schools, school boards, and all students.
- LSS for community college.
- Additional Leadership Excellence and Innovation Consulting are available for individuals, groups, and companies.
How Was Lean Six Sigma Created?
LSS has been around since the 1980s. Since it has been around for over a decade, not many people cover how this methodology works today nor how it originated.
First, Lean Six Sigma doesn’t go the way most people believe: a unique method someone developed out of nowhere. Instead, it is a blend of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
It was designed to be as competitive as the Japanese Kaizen method for process improvement and customer satisfaction since Japan’s companies were getting great results in their products and services while satisfying clients in every possible way.
If LSS can be derived from two methods, how do you decide which method to choose? This is a valid question, considering both Six Sigma (and Lean) are excellent methodologies to implement separately. However, they aren’t as comprehensive as LSS.
To understand the principles and components of each methodology, it is important to take a close look at how LSS combines them all while setting new standards.
Let’s now answer the question: What are Lean and Six Sigma?
Lean, the original, is a method that focuses on reducing waste and helping companies and businesses increase productivity and efficiency. A company must be able to predict and understand the process in order to use this methodology.
What does Lean refer to as “waste”? Waste is any element, talent, or material that delays, lowers efficiency, and raises production costs. This can result in more steps than necessary, which could lead to additional variants.
Focusing on one level will help you reduce the number of steps you take and make more from your efforts.
There are eight types of waste that companies must manage. These include unutilized talent, defective transportation, overproduction, and waiting. When you work with Lean, you can see the same waste in your own processes.
Six Sigma is the next step. In this case, the methodology is more focused on what we call “variations.”
Six Sigma brings a set of tools and principles that can be used to reduce variations and ensure businesses get the products and services they need. It is important to address the root causes of problems for this.
Companies can eliminate variation by using and following the DMAIC structure (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control). Personal projects may also implement this structure depending on how a practitioner handles the process.
With this clear, LSS, on the other hand, combines principles and elements from both methodologies but adds new ones to cover the lack of customization in the process. However, we must list the most important and common ones that LSS has adopted, so you have an idea of how it works:
- Concentrate on the customer/client and work hard.
- Find the problem and then look for a solution.
- Reduce bottlenecks, and eliminate variations.
- Engagement can be improved for employees.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential to the success of a company.
LSS and its integration can be best described as a matter of flow and circumstance and not as trying to create a strategy. It is up to you to decide whether additional practices, resources, or methods are required for its implementation.
Why Is Lean Six Sigma Important?
This is the most common question clients ask when considering hiring our services or getting trained in one of the belts/levels, and we understand why.
We encourage you to ask questions and share your doubts so that we can help you understand why LSS is the best choice.
We remind you that LSS is available for all of these parties:
- A company or business.
- An individual who is looking to advance their career and learn valuable skills.
LSS for businesses and companies is all about improving processes and making them more efficient, as we have already discussed.
LSS may seem redundant when there are more options, such as Six Sigma and Lean by itself, but it has many benefits:
- Lean Six Sigma can be a tool to help you reach both short- and long-term goals.
- It is cheaper and takes less time to get the desired results.
- It can be used for solving company problems and addressing other business needs.
- This will help you to create a culture of continuous improvement for your future success.
- It’s available to all kinds of businesses, regardless of size.
What about those who want to train for personal use?
To boost your career, learn the basics of LSS as it involves several skills and structures to learn.
These are the main benefits of understanding what you can expect as a student or business professional:
- Credits can be earned towards graduation, for both high school and college.
- You can find better job opportunities.
- Your expertise can be used by any industry or company.
- Learn how to manage projects and teams.
- Learn how to work well under pressure.
- This course will give you hands-on experience with quality management.
- Your curriculum will be more appealing.
- This method can be used to help you build your career.
LSS: We Can Help You Learn It
LSS has many aspects of being considered, including which belt you will receive training and certification in.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Toledo can help determine the appropriate belt or level for you based on your goals and needs. This will enable you to reach all of them without compromising your budget and time dedicated to this training.
We can provide LSS training for your employees depending on your requirements and preferences as well.
One thing is necessary: the client must choose a belt level in which to train. These are the highest-level belts in which we train clients:
- Yellow belt: This belt is focused on data collection, basic concepts, and principles. These tools can help you in smaller roles, such as data analysis and measuring projects. You will also be able to work with other people or companies on projects.
- Six Sigma tools and Lean Six Sigma principles are the green belts’ topics and elements to learn. How to use them is included, so you are able to work on large-scale projects, but for this belt, a yellow belt should be taken and completed first.
Anyone who has been trained in these belts can apply for the positions or fill the vacancies based on the opportunities and possibilities. One thing is missing, however: LSS Belt certification.
The certification can be issued by our company. It will be recognized internationally as an official certificate.
What are the requirements to become an LSS certified?
- You must have completed the yellow belt or green belt training—probably both.
- Pass the exam with a minimum of 290 points out of 400.
- If you meet all requirements, we will issue certification. If you pass our exam, you can become certified even if your training was not with us. It is important that you show that your training was completed and that you followed the method, even if this wasn’t done with our team.
What Can You Learn from Our Experts?
Lean Six Sigma offers many benefits that can be used in your own way and not as part of an overall methodology. However, we do more than offer LSS services.
Leadership Excellence is one of our most popular services. It is a great way for students and professionals to learn how to manage teams of any size and be the leaders’ companies need as well.
Many companies and individuals have benefited from our workshops and sessions in Innovation Consulting, besides our leadership program, because they are able to learn how to remain competitive in their respective markets.
These services are open for everyone, and all it takes to access them is a call or email requesting more information!